Monday, March 9, 2009

sooooo....


I don't think that I blogged about my release, prolly because its been a wild rollercoster ride with lots of downs and ups and downs. But its up now, and the album entitled REMEMBER ME is available for digital download on ITUNES, CDBABY, RHAPSODY, AMAZON, and a slew of other sites, so check me out!!!!!

www.cdbaby.com/cd/nakiahenry

write a review... or write me at friendsofnakiahenry at gmail dot com. tell me what you think, cuz I'm pretty darn proud of myself. Sales are goin strong and I am very very grateful for all parties involved, especially Fernando "Royal" Singleton. SHOUT OUT!!!!

Ok, back to the business of changing Nakia's life. I started this year with the release of my album, and since then, I am focused on goin even harder. The goal is to become the best performance artist I can be. Would love to travel this year as well... So I'm setting a lot in motion. Lately I have been overwhelmed with my day to day grind, and have decided that i need to make a few drastic changes. I can only hope for the smoothest transition. But once I make the transition, no matter how dramatic the outcome or process, it will be extremely be necessary and will only add positivity and awakening in my life. I am on my way to being the person that I am suppose to be, and doing the things i am suppose to do, and having the things that i am suppose to have, for it is my birth-right. My life has shifted and my soul has been speaking to me, whispering sweet messages in my ear for a while now, and recently it started screaming. and I can no longer ignore it. I am not a person who works to pay bills on time, and I have been "trying" to be that person for a while. I am much more than that. "That person" does not make me happy, especially with my soul screaming at me, constantly reminding me of the joy that I'm suppose to have, the light that I'm suppose to be. I can go on and on, and I know that I am not being specific, but who ever is reading this should know that the struggle that i am goin through is about to get interesting...
I will close this entry with a message that I wrote on my mysace page... love and light to you all...

****

I have been getting messages from people who are going through a rough time in regards to the economy, and people asking if I could help out in any way. Families across the board are always in my prayers, and people who are going through a rough time are always in my prayers, ALWAYS. But my prayers mean nothing if you don't believe you'll over come this yourself. Now is the time to exercise your faith. Now is the time to believe like you have never believed before. Sometimes it takes rough times like this for you to demonstrate just how strong you are. I don't write these songs for nothin... If you knew me, you would know that I am the one who should be singing these songs... well, at least who should be singing them first. And now that I do, (more frequently then you know) I am stronger. I remember what cloth I'm cut from. I remember how strong i really am, and how strong I have always been.


SO I SAY TO YOU: BELIEVE. Believe you can make it through, it maybe be rough now, but thats ok, cuz its temporary, whats goin on now, is not your life. YOUR LIFE IS A LIFE FILLED WITH LOVE, PROSPERITY, JOY, ABUNDANCE, STRENGTH, POWER, AND LAUGHTER. and more accurately: your life is filled with WHAT YOU WANT TO FILL IT WITH...

so do yourself and favor and remember who you really are... and of course
REMEMBER ME
~Nakia

1 comment:

The Incomparable Shakespeare said...

you know my favorite is still....."Silly Girl"